2012 Girls HS Rugby Camp in Glendale, CO – July 16-19
- Learn from the USA’s highest level coaches and players
- Full-Time Athletic Trainer on site
- Enhance speed and agility in Glendale’s Rugby Specific High Altitude Training Center
- Cool down each day in Glendale’s State of the Art Recovery Room
- Be treated like a professional athlete!
- Low coach to player ratio
- 7s and 15s specific sessions
- *USA Rugby Coaching Certification July 13-14 (registration with USAR)
- *Total Immersion Coaching Workshop July 14-16 (registration coming soon)
Reserve your spot online!
Wanted to outline this Saturday’s High School Girl’s Clinic/Tourney here at St. Pius X. The event will run from 10am to 1pm. Our school’s physical address is 811 W. Donovan, Houston TX 77091. We will be holding all of the activity in Parsley Stadium located at the front of the school. If there is lighting or torrential rain (you can never trust Houston weather), we also have an indoor gymnasium at our disposal. There will be a JV baseball tournament coinciding with our event, so I recommend parking out of the line of fire from foul balls (we have additional parking lots behind the baseball outfield as well as across the street from the school auditorium).
The main focus of our event is to give all participating girl’s more exposure to the intricacies of the sport of rugby (rules, gameplay, strategy etc), increasing their overall rugby skill-sets, and providing a collaborative/fun environment that only the sport of rugby can seem to capture. Based on feedback and logistics, here is the tentative schedule:
· 10am-11:30 Clinic lead by Anna Kunkel
o Ball Handling
· 11:30-1pm Games
o 7s round robin
o 15s Motley Game (mix and match teams)
Other pertinent info:
· We will have a trainer on-site
o She is available for pre-event wrapping, but we ask each program or player to provide own tape and pre-wrap
o Will be available for injuries
· We will also provide
o Hydration (water and Gatorade)
o Lunch or snack (depending on the amount of participants)
o Changing room and showers if needed for traveling teams
· All girl’s participating should be CIPPed
Please respond to this email with a confirmation of the number of players your program intends to bring. If any questions should arise, my cell phone number is listed below. Thanks for your feedback and patience in putting this together. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Jason M. Kimball
St. Pius X High School
811 W. Donovan
Houston TX 77091