Scope and Purpose
- The purpose of the Texas Youth Rugby Association is to increase the number of youth Rugby players and decrease the age of first time participants.
- To foster the growth and development of the sport of youth rugby at all levels.
- To assist members, teams, and participants in their various forms of involvement with rugby.
- To adhere to all laws of rugby as promulgated by the International Board of the Rugby Football Union.
- To encourage and facilitate national and international youth rugby competition
- To provide structure and support for competitions and high performance youth rugby.
- The game of rugby stands higher than any individuals’ or groups’ agendas and we will promote increased participation in the sport of rugby in a manner that honors the game and the spirit of competition
- We will strive to keep the sportsmanship associated with rugby above competing motivations
- Rugby is for everyone and all participants should be treated with respect and given every opportunity to play
- We will teach and instruct rugby skills, including the history of game and the honorable tradition of rugby sportsmanship, which promotes and requires respect for teammates, opponents, coaches and match officials.